Friday 23 January 2015

How Heart Disease Killed My Sister - President Jonathan

President Goodluck Jonathan hinted yesterday, the ordeal his late younger sister, Mrs Nancy Jonathan-Olei underwent as a result of a heart-related disease before she died.



Speaking at the funeral service held at the St. Stephen’s Anglican Church in Otuoke, Bayelsa State for his late sister, Jonathan said God was kind to his sister during her regular medical sojourns to India from the time he was deputy governor of Bayelsa State.



He said, “Nancy is my immediate younger sister though not of the same mother. I was very sad when she died because I knew she had been passing through pains for a very long time. Sometimes, I felt God had been really kind to her.



She started developing problems with her heart when I was deputy governor, then I started asking questions. I asked my personal physician where we could treat her, that she had problems with her aortic valve, the valves circulating blood to the heart. My doctor told me the nearest place to treat her was Ghana.



So I said we have so many teaching hospitals in Nigeria and none can attempt to work on a human heart? I was worried. But today, I am happy that University of Ibadan is handling open heart surgery.



We battled with her health and she was taken to India on and on and for over three years, she has been down. When the immediate younger brother died, she could not even attend the burial.



He added that it was worth celebrating if a Christian attains the age of 70 years before passing on.



The body of the late Nancy was moved from the Otuoke Comprehensive Hospital Mortuary to her residence in Otuoke and thereafter to the Dame Patience Jonathan Square for service of songs before it was interred after the church service.



http://ift.tt/1Ecs8po


0 comments:

Post a Comment