Wednesday 18 March 2015

Does A Doctor Have The Right To Test A Patient For HIV Without Informing Them?

Dear NL, I went to a chemist to explain my health challenges but was referred to see a doctor in a nearby clinic.



When I got to the clinic, being my first time ever to visit a normal hospital set up, I was confused with protocol however got to see the doctor and gave him all the answers to the numerous questions he asked.



He told me that I should run some test including taking sample from my vagina.



I was told to come for the results the next day which I did. Before now, my boyfriend has done some test and insisted I should see a doctor.



When I got to the doctor for my results and probably to start up treatment, the doctor was in his office, strangely he stood up and hugged me warmly. I was like could it be because of my new hairdo or makeover?



He offered me a seat and raised a topic off the main issue why I came.



I wasn't moved until he keep talking as if he wanted to tell me that I failed an exams. Curiosity were all over me until he finally told me that I have the deadly virus.(HIV)



The gum I was chewing just fell off my mouth, I started sweating on my palms and nose. I held the chair firmly for support but was almost dead.



He told me that it was for my best interest to know now than later when I might come down with bigger signs and symptoms.



I never told him to include HIV test,



I can barely eat since then.



I have lost weight.



I see the doctor as a monster.



Please advise me on what to do.







This happened to my friend in bayelsa.

She needed advise if at all she will listen.


0 comments:

Post a Comment