Saturday 21 March 2015

Help! How Can She Help Him Stop Smoking Weed?

A week ago, I smelled something like cigarette on him though I wasn't sure because I've never seen him smoke and he doent look like someone that smokes. As in, no trace of it in him. The smell was so strong that I was forced to ask him.



Me: Did you smoke?

Dele: No, why?

Me: Are you sure?

Dele: No I didn't

Me: But I smell something like cigarette in you

Dele: I didn't smoke




I was so convinced that he smoked but I had no strong evidence to prove that he smoked. The next day, in the afternoon precisely, I perceived that same smell on him which wasn't so in the morning. I was forced to ask again.



Me: You smoked today again. Don't even deny it.

Dele: *Speechless*

Me: I knew you smoked yesterday but I wasn't so sure of what I smelled in you. Today that same smell is on you and its so strong. So tell me, Do you smoke?

Dele: Yes but not cigarette.

Me: What?

Dele: Skunk (don't know if I got the spelling right)

Me: What's Skunk?

Dele: He explained though I didn't understand any of his explanation since I was hearing it for the first time.

Me: For how long have you been smoking Skunk?

Dele: For years. I wasn't like that before not until some circumstances pushed me into the street. Mumsy and everyone doesn't know I smoke. No one knows.

Me: Please I want you to stop smoking. I don't feel comfortable with smokers. How can I help you stop?

Dele: I'm not an addict. I can stop right away.




I was so happy that I thought it was that easy to stop. Right there I believed he had stopped smoking skunk. A day after our discussion, I saw him with something that looked like grinded grass or dry leaf wrapped in a small white nylon. I was so curious to know what it was, so I asked.



Me: What's this?

Dele: Thyme

Me: what kind of thyme is this?

Dele: Its Thailand Thyme. Its used in cooking soup and its also medicinal. When you use it to cook, you will like it.

Me: wow, I will like to try it. Can I have some?

Dele: (This time around, laughing out), its weed ooo.

Me: you mean Igbo?

Dele: Yes Igbo. Its also called Weed.

Me: (Not suspecting he smokes weed too) is it the same Igbo that is being mixed in hair creams?

Dele: Yes but not this one. If you want that one, I will get it for you. This one is being put into tea or chewed. Its medicinal.




Dele explained the medical benefits of taking weed (In tea or chewing). I never knew he smokes weed not until a day he went out with his friends, his eyes was bleeding blood like he was given blow in the eyes. His eye balls were out and scaring. This time around, I walked up to him and asked if he had been smoking and he said Yes. I was furious. He promised to stop smoking skunk but I was surprised when he told me it wasn't skunk this time around but weed. I was so down. He promised to stop again.



Just yesterday, I caught him smoking. He didn't know I was coming. I saw him smoking the white paper. I was heart broken. I was speechless. I ran inside. He came in, he knew I was angry but he didn't know what to say. Not long, he slept off. I searched d whole house. I found wraps of weed in a nylon. I also found some in the varandah under a chair. I threw them into the water closet and flushed them. I placed the wrapper closed to where he will see them. He woke up and saw the wrappers emptied. He asked and I told him I ate them all. He didn't believe but I insisted that I ate them all since that's what he likes doing too. Ever since then, I've been keeping to myself.



I want to help him stop his smoking habit. I don't want him to damage his health due to excessive smoking. I'm afraid if he continues this way, something bad might happen to his health.



Please fellow Nairalanders, I need him to quit smoking, how do I help him stop. Matured advice only.

Thank you.


0 comments:

Post a Comment