Thursday 19 March 2015

His Terrible Experience At The 2015 FAAN Recruitment Interview Venue

I got the highest insult of my life yesterday at the Enugu center, Federal Road Safety Command, Udi, where I was scheduled for interview with Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria.



I got a text on 17th March, 2014 inviting me over and I swiftly honored the invitation. On my arrival at the Enugu center, numbers were assigned to us according to our order of arrival. But afterwards, the FRSC men started their own private selection by introducing their loved ones who had no numbers, thereby distorting the number system earlier implemented. But that did not upset me until when my group was supposed to go for the screening process.



Time check was past 5pm and all of a sudden a list came out from nowhere and candidates were invited in batches to check the list. There were people who couldn't find there names despite their high score, others who did find theirs but scored lower than 70% were asked to leave the compound. This became more frustrating having witnessed tons of candidates who didn't pass too comfortably but who had been screened earlier that same yesterday.



Well, having come that far, nobody was willing to leave. We decided to hang around to see how it all plays out.



Later on, the FRSC officers devised strategies and forcefully pushed us out of the compound. I was the first casualty of this unfair treatment as FRSC officials treated me like a complete tout. After a little protest, I acted the gentleman and quietly left the compound. I was outside when I saw others who had been physically harassed, and a few others taken to their cell, by FRSC officers probably acting on their own authority, doing what the interview coordinators never instructed them to do.



Sadly, the FRSC Commander, Mrs Emeordi gladly watched events unfold as her officers physically harassed innocent candidates. Men and women were thrown out of the compound like criminals. Remember it was the FRSC officers doing all this. Never did we hear from the main coordinators or officials of FAAN. We didn't even see any of them with our eyes.


0 comments:

Post a Comment