Sunday 1 March 2015

:( A Letter From An Unborn Child :(

Hello Mother.



Well I know it sounds strange and impossible, but its true. It is me and I am writing to you. How are you? And my grandparents? Is my little aunty, Lily, still ill? Don't be surprised I know all about them, I can actually hear a whole lot from here and really can't wait to join you all out there.



I know you also wonder what it feels like in here. Well, its actually warm, dark and slimy, very slimy, but I like it here. It is quite cozy and comfortable.



Mum, as much as I would love to discuss more about your environs and mine, there are far greater issues we need to talk about.



First of all, I overheard the discussions you had with my father and I am aware he denies and hates my existence. I am also aware of the fact that he no longer wants you because of me and that he has left town (probably because of me too).



I do not know what wrong I have done to him or why he hates me that much. I don't even really know him, neither does he, so why? Why deny me? Why did he leave town? Why did he hit you when you told him about me?



Mum, I guess I should let you know that every action carried out by your body affects me. Your cries did, so did your sleepless nights. I too lay awake, wishing I could touch you, comfort you and tell you that it is all going to be fine. That you don't really need him cause I would love you even more than he did and stand by you no matter what.



Secondly Mum, I also know about the visit to Doctor John. I heard everything. I know I don't really know much about the "grin and C" the doctor kept repeating, but your insistent laments and cries of, "I don't want this child", said it all. You don't want me too. You probably hate and despise me. But why? What have I done? Am I evil? Am I really that much of a curse?



Mummy, I don't know what I will be, a male or female, but I can assure you that I will be good. I will try as much as everything to make you happy, to put a never-ending smile on your face, to give you all the love you need and deserve. Just give me a chance. Please Mum, don't hate me, do not tear me away from you, please do not go to that doctor's place next week Tuesday! Don't end it all even before I have begun. Mum, I don't want to die.



Well, your happiness matters to me and if after all I have said you still decide to go to Doctor John's, I won't hate you for it. I will understand it's something you really needed to do, I won't fight it. Just know that I love u very much and would have loved to be with you, to grow up with you, to take care of you, to touch you, to take walks with you, to see you smile, to listen to your lullaby, to feel your never-ending kisses on my forehead....



I love you mummy. Give me a chance to prove it. I will have to say goodbye for now but hope not forever. Love you. Baby kisses.



Yours lovingly,

Your unborn child.


0 comments:

Post a Comment