Thursday 21 May 2015

Ibe Signs New Long-Term Liverpool Contract

Liverpool have confirmed that Jordon Ibe and defender Jon Flanagan have signed contract extensions at the club.

Ibe, 19, is said to have signed a new five-year deal while Flanagan, 22, has renewed his expiring contract by 12 months.

I’m over the moon,” England U-19, Ibe, who is eligible for Nigeria through his father, quipped upon penning the new deal. “It’s something I’ve been looking forward to. I’ve spoken to the gaffer and I’m happy it’s over and done with. Now I just want to kick on into next season, as well as the last game of this one.

“Liverpool are a great club and I like the philosophy here. I’m enjoying it – I’ve just been brought into the first team and I’ve enjoyed the games I’ve played in. Hopefully I can just keep doing well at the club.

Manager Brendan Rodgers has been impressed with the winger’s progression since he handed him a first team shirt on his return from a loan spell at Derby County, and has even adapted well into his 3-4-2-1 system.

Jordon Ibe Puts Pen to Papaer on a Five-Year Liverpool Deal. Image: LFC.

Rodgers said: “He came back from Derby and had taken on board all that he was coached there and had done exceptionally well.
“I could see the change in him then. He was very focused and came in and did exceptionally well.”

Ibe is considered a suitable replacement for the unsettled Raheem Sterling, who has expressed his desire to move out of Anfield at the end of the season.

The deal, which will keep Ibe at the Merseyside club until 2019, has been reported to be worth over £25,000 per week.

“I have been given the chance to play quite a few games and I’ve enjoyed it. As I said, I just want to take that into pre-season and then next season, continuing with how it’s been since I’ve been back here,” he continued.

Flannagan’s progress has been hampered by a knee injury which prevented him from making a single appearance this season.

The post Ibe Signs New Long-Term Liverpool Contract appeared first on Naijabams.



0 comments:

Post a Comment