Friday 30 January 2015

Du’as For Seeking Knowledge And Taking Exams

Seeking knowledge:

1. Du’as from the Qur’an for seeking and

mastering knowledge:

These ayats from the Qur’an are from:

(i) Surah Taha (Chapter 20), verses 25-28,

(excerpted)

ﺭَﺏِّ ﺍﺷْﺮَﺡْ ﻟِﻲ ﺻَﺪْﺭِﻱ

ﻭَﻳَﺴِّﺮْ ﻟِﻲ ﺃَﻣْﺮِﻱ

ﻭَﺍﺣْﻠُﻞْ ﻋُﻘْﺪَﺓً ﻣِّﻦ ﻟِّﺴَﺎﻧِﻲ

ﻳَﻔْﻘَﻬُﻮﺍ ﻗَﻮْﻟِﻲ

Rabbishrah lee s adree Wayassir lee amree Wah lul

‘uqdatan min lisa nee Yafqahoo qawlee

“O my Sustainer! Open up my heart and make my

task easy for me, and loosen the knot from my

tongue so that they might fully understand my

speech.”

(ii) Surah Taha (Chapter 20), verse:114

(excerpted)

ﺭَّﺏِّ ﺯِﺩْﻧِﻲ ﻋِﻠْﻤًﺎ

Rabbi zidnee ‘ilma n

“O my Lord, increase me in knowledge!”

(iii) Surah Ash-Shu’ara (Chapter 26),

verses:83-85.

ﺭَﺏِّ ﻫَﺐْ ﻟِﻲ ﺣُﻜْﻤًﺎ ﻭَﺃَﻟْﺤِﻘْﻨِﻲ

ﺑِﺎﻟﺼَّﺎﻟِﺤِﻴﻦَ

ﻭَﺍﺟْﻌَﻞ ﻟِّﻲ ﻟِﺴَﺎﻥَ ﺻِﺪْﻕٍ ﻓِﻲ

ﺍﻟْﺂﺧِﺮِﻳﻦَ ‏( 26

ﻭَﺍﺟْﻌَﻠْﻨِﻲ ﻣِﻦ ﻭَﺭَﺛَﺔِ ﺟَﻨَّﺔِ ﺍﻟﻨَّﻌِﻴﻢِ

Rabbi hab lee hukman waalh iqnee bial ssa lih een a

Waj’al lee lisa na s idqin fee alakhireena Waj’alnee

min warathati jannati anna’eem

“My Lord, grant me wisdom, join me with the

righteous; give me a good name among later

generations,; make me one of those given the

Garden of Bliss.”

The above three du’as from the Qur’aan which

are helpful in seeking knowledge, are recited very

beautifully in the following video by Sheikh

Mishary Rashid Al-afasy.

2. The Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) used

to say: “O Allah, I seek refuge in you from four

things: Knowledge which does not profit, a heart

which is not submissive, a soul which has an

insatiable appetite, and a supplication which is

not heard. ”

Source: Narrated Abu Hurayrah in Sunan Abu

Dawud, hadith 614.

Du’a for studying (and taking exams)

Recite: Allaahumma laa sahla ‘illaa maa ja’altahu

sahlan wa ‘Anta taj’alul-hazna ‘ithaa shi’ta

sahlan

Same du’a, but easier to memorize because the

Arabic script is provided:

Dua before your revision:

ﺍﻟﻠﻬﻢ ﺇﻧﻲ ﺃﺳﺄﻟﻚ ﻓﻬﻢ ﺍﻟﻨﺒﻴﻴﻦ، ﻭ ﺣﻔﻆ ﺍﻟﻤﺮﺳﻠﻴﻦ، ﻭ

ﺍﻟﻤﻼﺋﻜﺔ ﺍﻟﻤﻘﺮﺑﻴﻦ، ﺍﻟﻠﻬﻢ ﺍﺟﻌﻞ ﺃﻟﺴﻨﺘﻨﺎ ﻋﺎﻣﺮﺓ

ﺑﺬﻛﺮﻙ، ﻭ ﻗﻠﻮﺑﻨﺎ ﺑﺨﺸﻴﺘﻚ، ﻭ ﺃﺳﺮﺍﺭﻧﺎ ﺑﻄﺎﻋﺘﻚ، ﺇﻧﻚ ﻋﻠﻰ

ﻛﻞ ﺷﻲﺀ ﻗﺪﻳﺮ، ﺣﺴﺒﻨﺎ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻭ ﻧﻌﻢ ﺍﻟﻮﻛﻴﻞ



Allahumma inii asaluka fahmal-nabiyyen wa

hifthal mursaleen wal malaaika al-muqarrabeen.

O Allah! I ask You for the understanding of the

prophets and the memory of the messengers, and

those nearest to You.

Allahumma ijal alsinatana amiran bi thikrika wa

qulubana bi khashyatika, wa asraarana bita’atik

O Allah! Make our tongue full of Your

remembrance, and our heart full of your

consciousness, our secrets full of your obedience

Innaka ala kuli shayin qadeer wa anta hasbun-

allahu wa namal wakeel.

(Oh Allah!) You do whatever You wish, and You

are my Availer and best of aid. Protector and the

best of aid.

Dua after your revision:

-

ﺍﻟﻠﻬﻢ ﺇﻧﻲ ﺃﺳﺘﻮﺩﻋﻚ ﻣﺎ ﻗﺮﺃﺕ ﻭﻣﺎ ﺣﻔﻈﺖ ﻭﻣﺎ ﺗﻌﻠﻤﺖ،

ﻓﺮﺩﻩ ﻋﻨﺪ ﺣﺎﺟﺘﻲ ﺇﻟﻴﻪ، ﺇﻧﻚ ﻋﻠﻰ ﻛﻞ ﺷﻲﺀ ﻗﺪﻳﺮ،

ﺣﺴﺒﻨﺎ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻭﻧﻌﻢ ﺍﻟﻮﻛﻴﻞ

Allahhumma inni astaodeeuka ma qaratu wama

hafaz-tu. Faradduhu ‘inda hagati elayhi. Innaka

ala kuli shayin qadeer wa anta hasbuna Allaha

wa ma ma ta’alamt wa namal wakeel.

Oh Allah! I entrust You with what I have read and

what I have memorized and I have studied. (Oh

Allah!) Bring it back to me when I am in need of

it. (Oh Allah!) You are able to do anything, and

You are my Availer and Protector and the best of

aid.

Dua when entering the exam hall:

-

ﺭﺏ ﺃﺩﺧﻠﻨﻲ ﻣﺪﺧﻞ ﺻﺪﻕ، ﻭ ﺃﺧﺮﺟﻨﻲ ﻣﺨﺮﺝ ﺻﺪﻕ،

ﻭﺍﺟﻌﻞ ﻟﻲ ﻣﻦ ﻟﺪﻧﻚ ﺳﻠﻄﺎﻧﺎ ﻧﺼﻴﺮﺍ ..



O Allah, grant me an entry with truthful intentions

and an exit with truthful intentions, and grant me

power from you that gives me success.

Dua on the day of the exam:

-

ﺍﻟﻠﻬﻢ ﺇﻧﻲ ﺗﻮﻛﻠﺖ ﻋﻠﻴﻚ، ﻭ ﺳﻠﻤﺖ ﺃﻣﺮﻱ ﺇﻟﻴﻚ ,

ﻻﻣﻠﺠﺄ ﻭﻻ ﻣﻨﺠﺎ ﻣﻨﻚ ﺇﻻ ﺇﻟﻴﻚ ..



O Allah, I have relied on you, and I have

submitted my matters to you. There is no

protection or saving from you except by returning

to you.

Dua For Anxiety:

Allahumma inni aoodhoo bika minal-hammi-

walhazan. Waa oodhoo bika minal-ajzi-wal-

kasal. Waa oodhoo bika minal jubni wal bukhl.

Waa oodhoo bikal min ghalabatid-dayni-waqahrir

rijal.

Oh Allah, I seek refuge in You from worry and

grief, from helplessness and laziness, from

cowardice and stinginess, and from overpowering

of debt and from oppression of men.

Dua For Distress:

Allahumma rahmataka arjoo falaa takilnee ilaa

nafsee tarfata aynin wa aslih-lee shanee kullahu,

laa ilaha illa anta.

O Allah! It is Your mercy that I hope for so do not

leave me in charge of my affairs even for a blink

of an eye and rectify for me all of my affairs.

None has the right to be worshipped except You.


0 comments:

Post a Comment