Friday 16 January 2015

His Horrible Experience During GEJ Campaign In Abia State

"Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is coming to umuahia on Friday, 16th January 2015" Good and fine, how does that concerns me? Mitcheeeeew... I took my lesson bag heading to the usual spot where i normally get keke. I discovered something odd, some keke were empty and yet won't stop to give me a ride. "they have started their usual shakara" i said to myself. i finally got a keke and to my utmost surprise, the road to orpet leading to Abia state township stadium was lodged with logs of wood and patrolling police vehicles. The keke driver took another turn and it seems every road were blocked as some army officers where patrolling everywhere with their guns. The keke rider has to drop me and i paid him #30. I grab my bag and took the road to BCA [Broadcasting Corporation Abia state] and a call came in. I was answering the call when an Hausa Army officer in front of me ordered me to abort the call immediately. I hesitated and manage to abort the call frowning my face on him. I continued on my journey. Few minutes later, I got another call and i was answering the call when an Igbo police officer called me, he took my phone forcefully.

"who U dey call?" he asked with bloody eyes. It dawn on me that am in serious trouble. He seized my phone and i stare at him for a while as my heart pound against my chest. He said i should forget the phone and go. I noticed some other guys like me standing dejected beside the road. I shock my head in dismay, "this police officers will certainly make some cool money today" i concluded in my mind walking out on him but inside me, i don't want to lose that phone but i have no choice than to keep moving. I grab my bag and continue my journey once more as i felt an unusual feeling inside of me. He called me back with beckoning hands.

"Who is your father?" lolzz, what a question.

"My dad is the Chief Security to the Chief Justice of Abia State" i manage to spit out and he's eyes suddenly got wider and he handed me the phone.

"Don't answer call until U don reach where U dey go." he said as he handed me back the phone heading to he's post. I rumpled my face although deep inside, i was smiling. I look around and saw some guys lying wretchedly on the ground. Hmmmm. What an arbitrary use of power by the Nigerian police. Always finding unnecessary reasons just to make some money. Citizens were walking to their respective place of work including the pregnant and old because no vehicle were allowed to use the road. I bump on an Hausa Army officer and he look at me with uncertain eyes.

"una president coming.. Road blocking pregnant women walking walking on leg. Who I be? God? Calling him Goodluck when he's badluck" i had no option than to smile at the officer not because of the point he's making but because of he's grammatical construction. "these comedians are right sometimes lolzz". Honestly speaking, i Don't think ten percent of Abia state residents are going to vote for him cause everyone i met were either castigating the president or Abia state governor. T.A Orji. I reached Umudike junction with a new spirit of victory cause i thought my encounter with these Lawless beings are over, little did i know that my problem is just beginning. I met another patrolling police vehicle and they were searching everyone's, looking for bomb i guess lol. It got to my turn and the officer scan me with he's weary scanning eyes which sent shivering impulses within me.

"Stay here." he said ignoring me. What did i do wrong? I found myself asking as i walk to the platform of Badlucks cause i wasn't the only one. We wasted more that 2 hours and i found myself pacing around.

"All of you can go" the officer said after searching our bags the second time. What did i do in the first place? What went wrong? I couldn't summon enough courage to ask him that. In other to let sleeping dog lie, i went my way shocking my head profusely. Nigerian is beyond repair. Nigeria is beyond redemption. Clashes and shattering sound of glasses brought me back to reality only to see an Army officer breaking the glass of a hammer bus with he's gun.

"you crazy? Come down, i said come down" the Army officer said in range as the young driver came down and was greeting with a resounding slap and i guess, i saw he's head spinning around as tears drop down my cheek. What will happen if we are in Mlilatry rule? I comforted my heart with the hope of making Nigeria better in our generation. A better Nigeria. A better country.


0 comments:

Post a Comment