Monday 23 March 2015

LIB reader reports domestic violence with photos


An email I just received. Read below...

I really don't know where to start from, I'm going to make it brief. I have lived in my grandmother's house all my life because my dad was at one point not able to foot the bills, till he had a stroke and died, my grandmother took care of me raised me up and sent me to school. Now I am 23 years old with a good job. I fend for myself and cater to my grandmother's need. I have an aunt in the house that terrorizes us all. She beats me up, bites me at every point she gets.

She started staying with us when she was deported from London a couple of years and things have been really crazy since she started living with us, my grandmother's company, she ran down, at one point she has stabbed my grandmother, just a couple of days back we had an argument and she decorated my body with trophies of bites and scratches. The last time she bit(bite)my face because I went out without telling her. There's absolutely nothing she doesn't tell people about me(bad) , and this hate results from the fact that my dad was the first born and she feels my grandmother's properties is going to be given to me (and am totally not interested ). Now my problem is this I don't feel safe in my home anymore, I can't eat at home, am not happy and it's affecting my concentration at work and my professional exams I am writing, I want to leave and get my own place but how do I leave my grandmother that took care of me, I don't want it to seem like am ungrateful cause that's the last image I want to portray, she has fought so many battles for me and also will she be safe?




0 comments:

Post a Comment