Tuesday 14 April 2015

There And Back On Time-by Zuby77

CHAPTER 1 WHO IS ZUBBY?



I have been to many countries of the World.



I believe it would be beneficial to some people who would want to visit the countries where i have lived, worked or studied.



Here comes the diary of my movements from the very first moment i left Nigerian Borders to the very last Country i visited.



Journeys that took me from the lowly southern part of Enugu state to the Northernmost, the Easternmost and to the Westernmost part of world.



Fasten your seat belt as i drive you through west African coasts up to Continental Europe and Asia while MIXING TRAVELS, BUSINESS AND PLEASURE.

(WHO SAID YOU CANT MIX BUSINESS WITH PLEASURE)

**************



Some people will be bored after chapter 1.

Some will probably stop reading after chapter 2.

But if you survive chapter 3 and go beyond that,

you will send me a gift to say 'thanks'

************

I will be writing on the go, that means using mobile phones.

There are bound to be errors in typing etc.. But dont worry, the messages will be clear.

I am not a writer, so instead of blaming me, correct me.

************



My name is Azubuike.

I was born in 1980 in the Eastern state of Enugu to a Christian Parents and Teachers.

We lived in the rural area of the state and despite Enugu metropolis being 5 minutes away from my town, it took 12 years of my life to visit the Metro for the first time. That marked my first traveling without a guardian.

My mother sent me to buy her some thick-cover exercise books.

I marveled at the level of life people lived in the metro areas. That was the first time i noticed that Water was for sale.

My whole life, we had fetched water from the local stream.

That was also the first time i saw electricity without generator.

That was back in 1992. I was in JS 2.



After that wonderful visit to Enugu, i realised that the world was such a big place.

I remember looking at the Nigerian map as soon as i returned from Enugu, other states like Lagos, Sokoto and Kano began to make more sense to me. I also had a look at the world map and discovered that the world must be a vast place.

There and then, i decided that traveling would be my hobby.



From then, i started fantasizing what it would be like to visit Lagos, Kano and other states i had seen and heard of.

What about Going to Germany, France, England etc.

That would be heavenly i concluded.



I took my WAEC and JAMB in 1996. The last waec paper was on June 18 1996. I zoomed of to Onitsha that same day.

My Elder brother Albert was a peugeot spare parts dealer at the old spare parts market Obosi/Onitsha.

When the Jamb result came out, it was time to go to the University but i turned it down. My childish reasons then was to join my brother and make money. With money, my dream of globe trotting would be realised faster.



I started trading and making small money. My biggest problem was saving money.

By the year 1999, i met Sunday, a friend of my brother who traveled to Ibadan to buy tokunbo spare parts, then sell them at Onitsha. I asked him how much it would take me to join him and he said that i could start with N100,000. I sold up all my goods in the store and came up with N220, 000. The following week, i followed Sunday to Ibadan. That marked my first real travel outside the Igbo Domain. cool



THE ORIGINAL WEBSITE OF THIS STORY IS



Global Runs Website



The Website is also on my signature here on nairaland.





All Rights Reserved:

This work exclusively belongs to the Author

and is protected under copyright laws.

The title, thoughts, plot, characters,

settings, quotes and all its contents are

properties of the author.

No part of this work, either in parts or in

whole should be reproduced in any format,

electronic or otherwise without permission

from the author.




My contact number is on my signature.


0 comments:

Post a Comment