Monday 16 February 2015

Automatic Vs Manual Cars: His Personal Experience

I bought my first car a few days ago (Automatic Transmission) and right from day one I have been driving it within and around the estate where I reside. I have never taken the car out on the highway before.



I then wanted to perfect my skills as a driver so I called on a friend who drives a manual car to teach me. When he arrived I went to get the keys of my car but he said no! you are not using that car you will use my own car to learn.



I got into the car apprehensive and started it after setting the gear to neutral and then on his instruction I depressed the clutch fully, put the car in gear one and was told to press the accelerator gently while i gently lifted my leg from the clutch. The car moved but just as I was getting comfortable I was told to change to gear two....... as I was fumbling with the gear not knowing which is gear two I had to brake but then my instructor told me because I had come to a full stop I had to start from gear one again.



I got to a small hill and somehow the car stopped just as i was climbing it the car stopped again. When I started it with my legs on the clutch and brake, my instructor told me to immediately place my leg on the accelrator and move but what I saw was the car moving backwards............... in short after 45mins of driving I saw that the difference between an automatic car and a manual or stick-shift car is as great as day and night.


0 comments:

Post a Comment