Sunday 8 March 2015

Revealed!! How Famous Nigerian Pastors Met And "Toasted" Their Wives

ARTICLE EXCLUSIVELY COMPILED BY LALASTICLALA



Some have wondered how the pastors whom they look up to actually met and "toasted" their wives. Well don't wonder much, as I bring to you a list of some famous Nigerian Pastors and how they met and wooed their wives.



PROPHET TB JOSHUA



How I met TB Joshua… He proposed to me 45 minutes after we met – wife




The popular Prophet has a very beautiful wife. The wife narrated how the Prophet wooed her. Hear her.. .



The year you met


Twenty three years ago, I visited a sister somewhere at Ikotun-Egbe, and, then they were talking about a particular man, a prophet to be precise. It was a kind of meeting to be precise. And it’s like everybody in that gathering, or at least half of the people in the room, had actually visited him. So, they were saying a lot of good things about him. I was thrilled. At the end of the whole thing, I called a sister outside and asked whether she could take me to the prophet. I didn’t ask to go there out of curiosity. I actually needed a guide at that point in time.



And before then, you had not told him anything about yourself?


No, we were just looking at each other until he, at a time, wrote my name on the piece of paper. So, we started talking. He told me a lot of things about myself, both things that I knew, and those that I never knew. I was shocked. He told me about my family, about my past, my present and my future. Altogether, we spent about 45 minutes. At the end of the whole thing, he spoke to me in Yoruba and said: Joo ma binu o. Ma ro pe bi mo se nba gbogbo eniyan ti o ba wa s’odo mi soro ni eleyi o. Mi o ni ale, mi o dee fee ni ale. Sugbon, se oo fe mi? (Transliterated, this means: Please, don’t be annoyed. Don’t think this is how I talk to everyone that comes to me. I don’t have a concubine, and I don’t want to have a concubine. But can you marry me?)



Just like that?



Just like that. It was strange, but that gives us an insight into what the Scripture says that the Spirit testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. I think that was it. That was how I met him. Some months later, I asked him why he thought it was right seeing a lady for the first time and going on to propose to her. He said he had seen me four days before that very day.



http://ift.tt/1wRi4QP



TUNDE BAKARE



How did you and your wife meet?


I was in the office, El Shaddai Chambers, my last office after I left Rotimi Williams, when one of my friends, late Segun On­abule, came in, bringing the news that his wife just had a baby and there was a party for it. A bank was at the lower floor of my office. He said a lady who worked at that bank, was invited by one of his friends to the party. So, he wanted to stop to say, “hel­lo.” He saw me in the chambers, and I was seeing him off when I saw this lady, (who later became my wife), whom he said attended the party.



Another day was when my friend Jide came to my office. His father had died and he wanted to change his old notes into new notes before the funeral. He asked me to be of assistance since I worked close to a bank. I took the money and I gave it to this lady to help me get new notes. It was on Thursday. I got back to the chambers and my boss told me that I would be handling a case in Port Harcourt, I ran to the airport, flew to Port Harcourt, handled the matter. On Friday, I returned to Lagos and I went straight to the bank, but the lady had closed for the day. Luckily, she left a note. I took the note and went with my friend and located the house address in Ikoyi. When we knocked, a six-footer man answered with a husky voice. I humbly answered and stated my mission; I later found out that he was her father. I collected the money and left. I learnt that he called his daughter and asked; ‘who is this man?’ she answered him that there were two, one tall and the other short. Jide is taller than I. He asked her, the short one. She told him that, he just met and asked her to change old notes to new ones, that is all, there was nothing between us. He told her that as soon as he came in, ‘I saw an illumination around him and the spirit of the Lord told me that he would be your husband.’ It was later she told me that I was the first man her father would allow to come inside the house. So, my father in-law knew first be­fore anybody.



After that, we didn’t talk again. One day she walked in to the chambers to do notary public thing. Then I was distributing some telephone tracks. I gave her one and she asked if I was a Christian, I told her that I was born again. From there I spoke to her to dedicate her life to Christ. And one day it was revealed to me that she would be my wife and when I spoke to her, she said, ‘What, my father said so the day I came to their house ’. That is the story.



http://ift.tt/1wRi4QS





AYO ORITSEJAFOR



"I Went With A Friend For Him To Pray For Us, Then The Holy Spirit Said He's My Husband - Wife




The wife of Pastor Ayodele Oritsejafor, the President of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) and the Presiding Pastor of the Word of Life Bible Church. While discussing with KEHINDE OYETIMI, Pastor (Mrs) Helen Oritsejafor, spoke about how she met her husband.



Your husband while granting us an interview gave an interesting story of how you guys met. What is your own side of the story?


It appears you never gave him any resistance.



My friend told me that a man of God was around and that she would like us to call on him so that we could be prayed for, I agreed. When we got there and Papa stepped into the room where we were, I was very captivated by this man of God. Customarily with my training, when a man steps into an area, it is immodest for the woman to get up and greet. You could greet while seated. It was amazing to know that when Papa stepped in, I was on my feet. After a while, he prayed for us. At the point of prayer, it was as if I was taken to his side and I heard a voice saying ‘this is your husband.’ He was only praying generally for us.



I went with my friends for him to pray for us and then I met my husband in the process. I never planned to marry a pastor. I was already exposed to people as pastors and I saw what a lot of them go through. But when he showed up, he captivated me with his physique and personality. That was not my arrangement in life. The Holy Spirit ministered to me at that point that he would be my husband.



I was not the only person he was praying for at that moment. When that happened, I decided to put myself on a fast for one week. Because then, the first thing that came to my mind was that God I never planned to marry a pastor. I was doing very well in my career. I was in business and a director in a bank; I was doing quite well before I met him. It was a rude shock to me. At the seventh day of my prayer, I had a call and it turned out to be him, introducing himself.



That was how the relationship started. It was quite a struggle because I remember, I was wondering what would be of me. But God spoke to me specifically that that was his will for me. I have never regretted that since then. I am so glad I married him.



Your father never raised any objection?



He was very happy when I was going to marry him. The first thing he asked me was ‘Do you love him.’ I said ‘Yes I do.’ Then he asked ‘Does he love you?’ I said yes. Then he asked ‘Can you take a bullet for him?’ I said ‘Yes I could.’ Then he said ‘If that is it, then you have my blessing.



http://ift.tt/1x6MWav



BISHOP MIKE OKONKWO



I Was Very Shy, Didn't Have The Boldness To Woo Her, Sent My Sister To Woo Her For Me - Bishop Okonkwo




Bishop Mike Okonkwo is the presiding pastor of The Redeemed Evangelical Mission (TREM) and he is married to Bishop Peace.



How long have you been married?



Mike: This is our 34th year. We got married in 1980.



When and where did you meet?



Mike: We met in the church, at the United Church of Christ. It was at the youth fellowship.

Was there any opposition when you wanted to marry her?



Mike: No, there was none. Everybody in my family loves her.



Peace: Then, he was not earning any salary and had resigned from a bank job. He had already turned a pastor when I wanted to marry him and my people were concerned and asked if he would be able to feed me and train our children. But I went with a child’s faith and it paid off.



What was the attraction?



Mike: I was a very shy person and found it difficult to speak to women. When I saw her, I fell in love but we were like cat and dog in the same youth fellowship. When the Lord laid it on me to approach her for marriage, I didn’t have the boldness and I told my sister, Rev. Mrs. Iloh, who had developed a relationship with her, to help me. Later, I told my parents and they were happy about it.



Peace: I felt he was arrogant at that time because he was driving his father’s car. Then, he came to the fellowship and would be fiddling with the car keys in his hand! But I noticed that he is a very transparent, honest and serious-minded person. He is very caring too.



How did he propose?



Peace: The sister spoke to me. He gave his sister a gift to give to me. She said to me, “My brother likes you and he wants to marry you.” I said, “Okay.” Later he told me, “I like you and I will like to marry you.” Again, I said, ‘Okay’. Then, we quarrelled a lot and anytime he said anything, I would oppose him. Not because he was not right but I felt he was proud.



http://ift.tt/1lpNofr




0 comments:

Post a Comment